10 June 2009

I haven't dropped out -- just life interfering. My brother-in-law (one of the world's best men) was hospitalized with very serious heart condition and everything took a backseat. But he is home and gaining his health back every day. I can not wait for him to start annoying my sister again. I will know everything is "normal" then.
In the mean time I have downloaded a audio book to my brand new iPod Touch (cool beans!)
I do love listening to BOCDs when I am on a road trip or just as background while I am working.
Sure beats talk radio!
In my genealogy I am an "expert" with Ancestry (use it at least 2 million times a day) so I used CQ Researcher and Statistical Abstracts, both of which I used years ago in hard copy. Most on-line databases are fairly easy to use but when it comes to fiction --- I do love turning the pages in a book. Beside that, it is hard to hold a computer over your head when you are lying on you back in bed or better yet on the beach. Somehow a book falling on your nose (when you doze off) is so much better than a "laptop" becoming a "nose-top!"

1 comment:

  1. nose-top! I love it...

    Glad to hear your brother-in-law is going to be okay! That's more important than anything else.

    ReplyDelete